Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Other Courses

As a computer teacher, I am please by this course as I, the man who already knew it all, is learning a great deal. I have taken many computer courses and have never experienced the practical experience side of learning computers. It has always been based on theoretical, modeling, or other such forms. I think this is the true way we need to focus on learning, especially for teachers. We need to put them to the grind, put them to the test, and make sure they get actual practice using the different applications. Struggles that they encounter will allow them to assist their students as they proceed with learning the same content. In order to become better teachers, we have to first become better learners. I know as a teacher, I would never expect my students to do anything I wouldn’t do first. As educators we must be models first and leaders second. The role of teacher is to guide students down the path of knowledge and if we don’t know our way, there isn’t a Mapquest that will be able to help us.

No comments: