Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Delicious

Delicious Tagging is fun and valuable. It is amazing how many websites I have tagged already. What is even more interesting is seeing how many websites that I tag that others also find important. Social tagging is pretty neat and will change the way we see book marking.

My favourites folder on my computer is so full that I do not use it anymore. It used to monopolize all of my time organizing and then it became out of hand, like rabbits and I simply let it go. Delicious causes me to label or tag it with a certain topic right away. It is fast, easy to use, just one click and a label. It also allows me to see and share my favourite websites that I find useful and interesting with others and myself. In the past I would have to email my favourites to myself so I could check them when on the road. The work and effort needed to do this, not to mention expertise makes this impractical. However, Delicious is changing that, making it convenient and easy to share and remotely access bookmarks. I would definitely recommend this application. Just remember, it is an add-on to FireFox, so please download and install Mozilla first.
Cheers, Hank Hill

2 comments:

Glen said...

Delicious and other social tagging applications are very useful. The ability to set up shared tagging accounts extends the possibilities of web searching to an amazing degree.
You start to get the idea of a massive network of people who are creating, consuming and sharing information around the world. Neat!
Incidentally, you don't have to have Firefox, Delicious works with other browsers including IE.

clooke.com said...

I transfered quite a few items from my favorites folder to my delicious site. The amount of information I am able to access and store has become much more manageable. The available features, such as the tagging system and networking capabilities, are a welcome change in my ability to keep track of the resource material I locate. Also, I can access my site from anywhere - along with my network of shared delicious sites. I've evolved into an organized and efficient researcher in a short period of time. I'm glad I enrolled in this course before starting my thesis. The skills I have learned will expedite the process of producing a complete literature review.