Thursday, May 29, 2008

My New Lingo

I Can't keep my readers waiting any longer. Here is my new word to compete with Glen. I suggest everyone in the course develop their own terminology.

The Internet is a useful tool, if you know how to use it efficiently and effectively. Otherwise, it can be a big waste of time. I know, I have wasted many hours, um, maybe years on it. It is fun, enjoyable to learn, but also a big "time sucker".

There you guys go. Thats my new word. "Time-Sucker". Time-Sucker is the Internet time you spend without accomplishing much productivity.

5 comments:

clooke.com said...

Here's my contribution to the terminology lexicon:
Digi-fluff - websites, usually devoted to entertainment, sports, etc., that contribute to the creation of a time-sucker.

hutchihowie said...

When I tell people I am taking ICT they first ask what is that and then I tell them what it entails.. wiki's, blogs, dimdim, podcasts, and they are just lost by that lingo.. something we think is pretty simple.

Hank Hill said...

I agree, the lingo confuses people. I personally hate acronyms and people tend to use them purposely to make it easier on themselves, rather than on others. I think that is simply rude and annoying.

GTG

Hank Hill said...

SAhouldn't we simply call it like it is....

audioclip
videoclip
sharing page to colour
etc....

Hank Hill said...

Shouldn't we simply call it like it is....

audioclip
videoclip
sharing page to colour
etc....